|Photo Courtesy of EMA|
Anyway - here are a few quick down and not-so-dirty (hah) tips on how you can use Epsom salt in your beauty routine. I really want to test out the first one - my face has been crazy this past month. Please enjoy.
Some people may remember Epsom salt only as something their grandparents kept in the medicine cabinet, but many experts use Epsom salt to look and feel better (http://www.goop.com/newsletter/33/en), it leaves your skin radiant and glowing and you can find some in your local pharmacy or supermarket for just a few dollars.
- Glowing skin exfoliating treatment: Mix 2 cups of Epsom Salt with 1/4 cup of petroleum jelly and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Use the mixture to gently scrub away dry skin patches.
- Microdermabrasion Facial: Mix 1/2 TSP of Epsom Salt into cleansing cream for a deep-pore cleansing. Massage on skin. Rinse with cool water. Pat dry.
- Bathtime Bliss: Add two cups of Epsom Salt to the water in a standard-sized bathtub; soak for at least 12 minutes, three times weekly. For an extra treat, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a refreshing scent.
- Pedicure Perfection: Dissolve a half cup of Epsom Salt into two quarts of warm water. Pour the water into a container and soak your bare feet for fifteen to twenty minutes. For an extra treat, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a refreshing scent. Massage the entire foot with Epsom Salt concentrating on the heels and ankles to remove any dry, rough spots. Then, rinse your feet off with clean tap water and dry them thoroughly.
- Stress relieving soak: Add two cups of Epsom Salt to the water in a standard-sized bathtub; soak for at least 12 minutes, three times weekly. For an extra treat, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a refreshing scent.